|For this role, we will provide a small honorarium – a ‘token’ monthly payment in recognition of your commitment, and out-of-pocket expenses.|
We work to promote, enhance and protect the countryside in Surrey. Could you help us to achieve our vision and ensure the long-term success of our charity?
We’re passionate about making the countryside in Surrey a better place for everyone to enjoy. Our vibrant team of volunteers inspire people to care for the countryside and enjoy the benefits it brings wherever they live.
Volunteering with us is a fantastic way to help us champion environmental issues such as the climate emergency, renewable energy, biodiversity and sustainable transport.
With your support we can do even more! As Administrator you will work with our Director on the administration of the charity including maintaining and updating our member, volunteer and donor database, data entry and tidying records, and supporting our small team of volunteers with routine administration.
Our friendly team will provide you with training and support to develop in your role. You will gain valuable skills and experience in using customer relationship management systems and data entry.
Why we want you
By volunteering with us you will be helping to find positive solutions for the issues facing the countryside and the environment. By applying your skills and experience you can make a real difference and be a central part of a friendly and passionate charity.
As Administrator you will assist our Director in the organisation and administration of the charity’s campaigns by helping us to keep accurate records about our members, volunteers and donors, and enabling us to improve our communications and enhance their experience of supporting us. This role can be carried out from home.
We are looking for a volunteer who has a good level of IT skills using Microsoft Office. In particular, you will need to be competent in database management including the use of Excel, setting up and managing web-based calendars and using MailChimp to create engaging emails.
Where time allows, there is an opportunity for you to get involved with discrete projects. If you are interested in getting more involved we will do our best to match your skills, experience and interests to the activities available.
What will you be doing?
• Database entry of individual and organisations information
• Tidying up data
• Administering exports and uploads to the database
• Organising meetings and managing our Directors diary
• Managing documents and filing using Dropbox
• Streamlining procedures where you identify improvements
• Creating and sending out membership mailings
• Helping to organise events and workshops
• Liaising with the treasurer about financial data
• Sending out subscription reminders by email and processing payments
• Coordinating data as required with National CPRE
• Being a positive advocate for CPRE and encouraging others to support our work
• Safeguarding the good name and values of our charity
• A commitment to CPRE purpose, brand, campaigns and initiatives
• Good organisational and administrative skills
• Some previous experience in an administrative role – either paid or voluntary
• Confident in use of Excel as a database tool
• Happy carrying out tasks independently and as part of a team
• Be able to commit to volunteering for at least 4 hours per week to suit your availability
• Attention to detail and ability to carry out tasks to deadlines
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Have access to a computer and the internet at home and be confident using them
• We ask that all volunteers are members of CPRE or are happy to join
Benefits of the role
• Use your skills and experience to contribute to the success of our charity and make a genuine positive difference to the countryside
• Meet like-minded people and enjoy being part of a team
• Enhance your CV by developing new skills and gaining valuable experience
• We’ll support you to develop in your volunteering role and provide you with relevant training
• We’ll give you a reference for your future work or volunteering
• Get involved with events and workshops on a local and national level, including the annual CPRE conference
• The opportunity to attend a volunteer induction day at CPRE’s national office in London or a regional centre
• For this role, we will provide a small honorarium – a ‘token’ monthly payment in recognition of your commitment, and out-of-pocket expenses