‘Feel more alive: Join our team of volunteers’ by Julia Green
This article was first published in the winter 2020-21 issue of our magazine Surrey Voice.
“I came for lunch, watched the video, cried my eyes out and was hooked.” This is Val describing how she became a volunteer. More and more people are turning to volunteering as a way to enhance their skills, do something meaningful, build their confidence or just because its something they enjoy doing.
CPRE Surrey has lots of interesting and exciting opportunities for anyone who’d like to get involved and help us to protect Surrey’s beautiful countryside. It doesn’t matter if you’ve never volunteered, if you only have a small amount of time to give, or if you can only do it for a short period. Get in touch and you could be part of something which is genuinely making a difference to the people and wildlife where you live.
There are many reasons to become a volunteer and, in the words of one volunteers: “I hadn’t anticipated how much volunteering would enrich my life; everyone should give it a go at least once.”
- You can flex when you volunteer so it fits in with your life
- You can make a positive and genuine difference to issues you care about
- You are joining a team of friendly and professional people where everyone is welcome
- Do something that brings you joy and that you feel good about
- Learn new skills and enhance your CV
- You are under no obligation to do it. It’s your choice.
- It aligns with your interests and priorities
So, why not volunteer? Take the first step and get in touch. You are under no obligation to become a volunteer but you have nothing to lose by having a chat about your interests. We have a number of current volunteer vacancies including Trustee (Marketing) and Office Administrator.
Email email@example.com or call 01372 700 205.
Julia Green was Volunteer Coordinator for CPRE Surrey till February 2021