Trustee – Marketing
We work to promote, enhance and protect the countryside in Surrey. Could you help us to achieve our vision and ensure the long-term success of our charity?
We’re passionate about making the countryside in Surrey a better place for everyone to enjoy. Our vibrant team of volunteers inspire people to care for the countryside and enjoy the benefits it brings wherever they live.
Volunteering with us is a fantastic way to help us champion environmental issues such as the climate emergency, renewable energy, biodiversity and sustainable transport.
With your support we can do even more! As a trustee you’ll have an essential role in contributing towards the future direction of our charity.
Our friendly team will provide you with training and support to develop in your role. You’ll gain valuable skills and experience in charity governance.
Why we want you
By volunteering with us you’ll be helping to find positive solutions for the issues facing the countryside and the environment. By applying your skills and experience you can make a real difference and be a central part of a friendly and passionate charity. As a trustee you’ll contribute towards decisions to develop our charity in line with our strategy and policy.
We’re looking for volunteer trustees with marketing experience and a passion for environmental and countryside issues.
What will you be doing?
• Developing and implementing our strategic plan to help us to deliver our mission
• Developing engaging strategies to broaden our reach and impact with communities, councils, charities/campaign groups
• Working closely with the Chair, other board members and alongside our Director to improve our effectiveness in engaging with our stakeholders and local media to raise the profile of our charity
• Sustaining and growing our membership and volunteer base
• Supporting the recruitment of volunteers
• Ensuring we work within charity law and regulations
• Being a positive advocate for CPRE and encouraging others to support our work
• Safeguarding the good name and values of our charity
• We ask that all trustees are, or are willing to become, members of CPRE
• A commitment to CPRE policies, campaigns and initiatives
• An understanding of, or interest in, the charity sector
• Some experience of working in a strategic way – paid or voluntary
• Marketing experience including designing influencing strategies & events using digital and social media platforms
• Independent judgement and a creative approach to problem solving
• An understanding of the legal duties and responsibilities of a trustee, or a willingness to learn
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Have access to a computer and the internet at home and be comfortable using them
• Be able to commit to volunteering by offering up to 8 hours a month including attendance of 3-4 Board meetings per year (to be held early evening/weekend whenever possible).
What’s in it for you?
• Use your skills and experience to contribute to the success of our charity and make a positive difference to the countryside
• Meet like-minded people and enjoy being part of a team
• Enhance your CV by developing new skills and gaining valuable experience in the charitable sector
• Get involved with events and workshops on a local and national level, including the annual CPRE conference
• The opportunity to attend a volunteer induction day at CPRE’s national office in London or a regional centre
• We provide out-of-pocket travel expenses