Manager Vacancy Jan 2024
At present, we have the following vacancies:
MANAGER – JOB DESCRIPTION
Surrey Campaign to Protect Rural England works to promote, enhance and protect the countryside in Surrey. Could you help us to achieve our vision and ensure the long-term success of our charity?
We’re passionate about making the countryside in Surrey a better place for everyone to enjoy. Our vibrant team of volunteers inspire people to care for the countryside and enjoy the benefits it brings wherever they live.
We champion environmental issues such as the climate emergency, renewable energy, biodiversity and sustainable transport.
Surrey CPRE, which is part of the wider CPRE Countryside Charity, wishes to appoint a part time Manager to be responsible for the following activities:
- Oversight over the work of other paid staff and volunteers, including involvement in the recruitment of any additional personnel.
- Communications with members, including editing Surrey Voice, and local media (newspapers, radio) and oversight over the charity’s social media activities. Liaison with other local organisations, and with other parts of CPRE (National Centre, other CPRE branches, and the South-East Region). Ensure that CPRE Surrey maintains a positive and very visible profile with the public and local politicians and officers.
- Day to day responsibility for prioritising CPRE Surrey’s engagement with Surrey Districts’ Local Plans and individual planning applications. As a key component of this work, the Manager will work with Trustees and others to develop a capacity to monitor planning activity at the District level throughout the county.
- The development of proactive initiatives, including campaigns, to encourage members and others to appreciate the Surrey countryside.
- Identify and develop, with others, potential sources of income for the charity, including membership numbers and appeals, corporate donations, trusts, legacies, and one-off fundraising events.
- Presence at networking and public events across Surrey, to publicise and promote the existence, roles, benefits, activities, ways to be involved, and membership of the organisation
Salary £30,000-£35,000 FTE.
The Role is permanent, and part-time (2 days per week, subject to change).
The role is home-based, with travel across Surrey, and occasionally further.
For information or to apply, contact John Goodridge at email@example.com
To apply for the role, send a CV to us by 29th Feb 2024.